With modern technology taking over our lives, it is already time to ditch traditional hair removal methods like razors, waxing, etc. Laser hair removal is a savior for those who are fed up with the amount of time they need to invest in getting rid of hair removal through traditional methods and the pain involved.
Laser hair removal is one of the most common and popular treatments available since it successfully helps remove unwanted hair from various body parts like arms, legs, underarms, bikini areas, facial areas, neck, and more. While it is completely safe to get Oakville laser hair removal treatment, it is very common for first-timers to have certain queries on their minds, which we are going to answer in this post.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal has been known as one of the most advanced and effective treatment options available to get rid of unwanted body hair from certain parts. The process involves the use of selective photothermolysis. A laser device is used that will form heat to destroy hair follicles cells that have a lot of pigment (color). It is a well-known fact that dark hair has a lot of pigment, and will be the first to absorb the most heat.
The hair will then transfer the heat into the hair follicles, which results in destroying them permanently. As a result, there are least chances of hair growing back from the destroyed hair follicles. It is important to understand that laser hair removal treatment doesn’t work on all hair in every session. Human hairs grow in multiple stages; Anagen, Catagen, and Telogen.
And laser targets only the hairs that are in anagen stage, which is the active growth stage. The hair that is in different or other stages of growth needs to be treated when they reach anagen stage, which means multiple treatments for Oakville laser hair removal may be required.
What To Do Before Your Appointment?
For those who have never undergone laser hair removal treatment, it is important to understand the steps as well as the things to keep in mind before and after the treatment.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Avoid waxing your hair weeks before going for your laser hair removal session. The laser device will need to see hair to target the hair follicles. In the case of no hair, it cannot target anything.
- Make sure to shave before the hair removal session as this helps the device better target the hair follicles. It is important to use a new blade as using an old one can result in risking contact dermatitis, which can be brought on by bacteria.
- It is suggested to avoid sun exposure a few weeks before your laser hair removal session. This can result in skin tanning, which makes it difficult for the laser device to target hair follicles. Laser hair removal works better on fair skin with dark hair.
- Avoid the intake of caffeine for 24 hours before your session for Oakville laser hair removal.
- Make sure to inform your doctor about your medical condition as well as any medications you’re taking. This may impact the hair growth cycle.
What Happens After Your Appointment?
Just like being prepared for the laser hair removal treatment, it is also very important to be aware of what happens after the laser hair removal treatment. The following are the useful things you must keep in mind to have peace of mind.
- Your hairs may begin to fall from 3-30 days following your session of laser hair removal so there is nothing to worry about.
- You can have redness or irritation in the treated parts of the body that may last several hours. Don’t worry as this is temporary and will go away soon.
- Avoid going out in the sun for a week after your laser hair removal session.
We hope this post turns helpful for you to get the best results from laser hair removal treatment. Before anything else, make sure to consult with the doctor to know everything you want to know about the treatment, its side effects or anything else.